Hire our space
A cambridge venue with a difference
Ever wish to host an event that is offers something a bit different? Or dreamed of having a museum to yourself for a few hours? If so, we’ve got all the ingredients for a perfect event here at our city centre venue, Clifton Road in Cambridge! Suitable for children’s parties and cool corporate events.
Children’s birthday parties
Go on a voyage of discovery and celebrate your birthday in style at Cambridge Science Centre! We’ll give you and your children free run of our exhibition space so they can experience science with their own hands – and we’ll put on an awesome science show for you and your party guests too. Suitable for children aged 7-11.
- Could it be Magic?
Marvel at how we can use science to explain some exciting ‘magic’ tricks based around fire and water! Could it be magic? No, it’s science!
- Coming soon
We are working on a new party show in 2018. Watch this space…
What you get
- Exclusive show for your group
- Plenty of room for up to 30 children and three adults
- Party invitations for you to print out for your guests
- You can bring your own birthday cake and party food
- We have some great party bags full of science-inspired goodies from £2 per bag. Please ask for details.
What it costs
Our birthday package costs £150 for up to 20 children and three adults.
Additional child: £3 (up to a maximum of 30 children)
How to book
Simply email us telling us when you’d like to book, and the size of the party, for an unforgettable birthday adventure for the next generation of scientists.
FOR CORPORATE EVENTS OR PARTIES
Planning a corporate event, a special occasion and looking for an unusual Cambridge venue – not to mention out of the usual activities? We’ve got the perfect quirky space that can be tailored for up to 100 guests. We can seat up to 80 people, or accommodate up to 100 standing.
We’ve hosted wedding receptions, product launches, parties, plus networking events at our city-centre location in Cambridge.
- Break the ice: we provide a highly engaging 20-minute science show to help break the ice and get everyone feeling creative.
- Hands-on science for all guests: we offer a set of fascinating interactive science exhibits for guests to explore after or before the show.
- Equipment: we can provide audiovisual equipment, as well as tables suitable for buffet style catering.
- Food and drink
Although we cannot provide catering in house, we are happy for you to bring your own food and provide tables and chairs and benches. Or we can give you a list of recommended suppliers.
Cambridge Science Centre has toilet, baby changing facilities and is wheelchair accessible.
£200 an hour to hire the centre (minimum of two hours).
How to book
We’d be happy to arrange a site visit if you’d like to meet us in person and see the space. Just email us to set the wheels in motion for your event with a difference.