Hire our space
A cambridge venue with a difference
Ever wish to host an event that is offers something a bit different? Or dreamed of having a museum to yourself for a few hours? If so, we’ve got all the ingredients for a perfect event here at our city centre venue, Clifton Road in Cambridge! Suitable for children’s parties and cool corporate events.
Children’s birthday parties
Go on a voyage of discovery and celebrate your birthday in style at Cambridge Science Centre! We’ll give you and your guests free run of our exhibition space so they can experience science with their own hands – and we’ll put on an awesome science show for you and your party guests too.
Suitable for children aged 7-11.
Could it be Magic? – Our Birthday Show
Marvel at how we can use science to explain some exciting ‘magic’ tricks based around fire and water! Could it be magic? No, it’s science!
What you get
- Exclusive show for your group
- Access to our exhibit space and activity session
- Use of our FoodZone
- Plenty of room for up to 30 children
- Party invitations for you to print out for your guests
- You can bring your own birthday cake and party food
- We have some great party bags full of science-inspired goodies from £2 per bag
Look inside our gallery space! Click here.
What it costs
£150 for up to 20 children and four adults.
Any additional child (up to a max of 30) is an additional £3 per person, additional adults are £4 per person.
Party Bags - click to see details
We offer party bags and have the following options:
A. £2 per bag – CSC branded pencil and eraser, and a COSMOS mini experiment guide to do at home.
B. £3 per bag – CSC branded pencil, eraser, and highlighter, and a COSMOS mini experiment guide to do at home.
C. £5 per bag – CSC branded pencil, eraser, highlighter, and UFO pencil sharpener, and a COSMOS mini experiment guide to do at home.
You are welcome to bring additional items to place into the bags. Bags will be pre-prepared when you arrive and will be handed out as the children leave at 5:30 pm
You will have the option to select which party bags, if any, you would like on our booking form.
Parties are suitable for children celebrating their seventh (7th) up to their eleventh (11th) birthday. Guests should be aged six (6) years and up. Younger siblings may attend the party, although they may not follow some of the explanations in the party show.
- Parties start at 3:30 pm and finish at 5:30 pm (2 hours)
- 3:30-5:00 pm, the Centre is open to the public alongside your party
- 3:30-5:00 pm your guests have access to the exhibit space, can join the public activity, and exclusive access to the FoodZone
- A science/magic party show just for your guests will be performed from 5:00 pm (once the centre has closed to the public).
The FoodZone is an optional, separate space with tables and chairs where you can have party food (you must provide your own food, drink, and tableware; you can also bring decorations and standard birthday candles).
Any other questions?
If you have any further questions, please contact us via email. Click here.
Please note: only dates specified in a complete booking form will be used to reserve a date for a party.
FOR CORPORATE EVENTS OR PARTIES
Planning a corporate event, a special occasion and looking for an unusual Cambridge venue – not to mention out of the usual activities? We’ve got the perfect quirky space that can be tailored for up to 100 guests. We can seat up to 80 people, or accommodate up to 100 standing.
We’ve hosted wedding receptions, product launches, parties, plus networking events at our city-centre location in Cambridge.
- Break the ice: we provide a highly engaging 20-minute science show to help break the ice and get everyone feeling creative.
- Hands-on science for all guests: we offer a set of fascinating interactive science exhibits for guests to explore after or before the show.
- Equipment: we can provide audiovisual equipment, as well as tables suitable for buffet style catering.
- Food and drink
Although we cannot provide catering in house, we are happy for you to bring your own food and provide tables and chairs and benches. Or we can give you a list of recommended suppliers.
Cambridge Science Centre has toilet, baby changing facilities and is wheelchair accessible.
£200 an hour to hire the centre (minimum of two hours).
How to book
We’d be happy to arrange a site visit if you’d like to meet us in person and see the space. Just email us to set the wheels in motion for your event with a difference.